Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Ark Angel by Anthony Horowitz

I don't usually read every book in a series, but I am hooked on the Alex Rider books. Actually I listen to them in my car and I love the British actor who does the reading. And last year I got to take some OMS students to see Anthony Horowitz in person, and he was funny and charming and someone I would love to be friends with. So I read all his books. Ark Angel was much like the other Alex Rider books, but I have to admit I don't think it was as good as Eagle Strike or Scorpia. This time Alex gets involved with eco-terrorists who try to kidnap the son of a billionaire who is building the world's first space hotel. Of course, Alex is almost killed several times before Nikolei Drevin is disposed of. Fans of Alex Rider will have to read this book. I'm not going to tell you what happens at the end, but I'm wondering if anyone else thinks Alex's final mission is a little too far-fetched, even for Alex Rider.

No comments: