Monday, July 09, 2007

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

This is a fun, funny romance that takes place at a special school that trains girls (who happen to be geniuses) to be spies and CIA agents. Cammie is an excellent student--she studies 14 languages, data encryption, and covert operations, but she's never lived out in the "real world." During a CovOps class outing she speaks with an attractive boy (against the rules!) and a romance begins, aided by her best friends Bex and Liz. The book is her Covert Operations Report that summarizes her semester and all the problems that arise as she tries to date Josh but not let him know she's a Gallagher Girl. There's not a lot of spy action (i.e. not for fans of Alex Rider), but there's lots of fun in a more chick lit kind of way. I already have an advance copy of the sequel that comes out in the fall of 2007 (Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy), so ask me if you want to read it early.

No comments: