Monday, November 29, 2010

Zoobreak by Gordon Korman

Zoobreak is the sequel to Swindle, a book which was a very pleasant surprise for me. I was expecting a book about a dog or baseball and in reality it was a crime novel with 6th grade criminals. Well, Zoobreak is much the same, but for some reason I was not as enthralled in this story. The same cast is back—Griffin, the "man with the plan" and his group of friends are rescuing animals from a floating zoo where Savannah's pet monkey is being kept illegally. They decide to steal all 40 animals and then they must hide them from their parents, the police, and the evil owner of the floating zoo. This book has the same appeal as Swindle so I'm not sure why this one didn't pull me in. I guess there were so many implausible holes in the plot this time that I just couldn't stop thinking about them. Maybe I was just in a bad mood, though. If you liked Swindle you will probably also like Zoobreak. And Gordon Korman is awesome so you can never go wrong with his books.

No comments: