Saturday, September 16, 2006

Isaac Newton by Kathleen Krull

This chatty, gossipy biography of Sir Isaac Newton gives an interesting introduction to one of the greatest scientists of all time. Biographies by Kathleen Krull are never dull, which can't be said for most middle school biographies! I didn't really know anything about Newton, and now I know what a strange, disagreeable man he was. I don't remember as much about the science as I do about his ridiculous feuds with other scientists and his strange behaviors. I would say that if you're interested in the history of science, you should definitely read this book (and Krull's others in this series about Leonardo da Vinci and Sigmund Freud). And if you need to read a biography for a school project, this is a great choice because is moves quickly and is actually fun to read.

No comments: